Monday 3 March 2014

The Comeback

I would really like my own corner of the internet to talk about all things book related so I thought I'd attempt to resurrect this poor, neglected blog. I'm not sure what form the content will take because despite having endless opinions on everything I read I don't think my strength is necessarily writing endless reviews. For now I just wanted to say hello and I hope there are a few of you out there!

My currents reads:

Diane Setterfield-Bellman & Black
I'm reading this as part of #twitterbookclub which involves reading one chapter per day and then tweeting about it which is pretty fun so far.

Charlotte Roche-Wrecked

This is the kind of 'shocking' book I'm drawn to read for several reasons, mainly to see if I can actually be shocked by a book these days. I'm about halfway through at the moment and the jury is still out, I've not found anything about the book particularly subversive despite the graphic sexual content from the first page.If anything I'm finding this quite a depressing read which isn't what I had in mind when I picked it up,I also think it could be quite triggering particularly for people with anxiety as the protagonist is very neurotic and pessimistic.

Well I think that's all for this outing, back to the reading!

1 comment:

  1. I know I keep saying it but I'm so glad you're blogging again! Wrecked sounds interesting. The only book I've read in recent years that has shocked me was The Wasp Factory. x

    ReplyDelete